Friday 8 February 2013

Who Tells More Lies? By Chiazor Belinda O.




As a young adolescent female, I have come across all manner of male folk. Those who swear without you they won't breathe for long and those who literally go to ridiculous lengths to prove their worth to you.


Undoubtedly, we women have it easier when it comes to sexuality, we get what we want just by making use of our feminine wiles. Simply put, just by being a female, men would find you irresistible, but of course it helps to be easy on the eyes. But that is by the way; my focus today is with lying. 


Between men and women I wonder who tells more lies? of course I may be biased and say men lie more by virtue of being a woman, but then I can't be blamed; for as I pointed out earlier, I have come across different kinds of men who have applied different tactics, some to score and some out of the genuine intention of dating me but the problem lies in separating the wolves from the sheep. Who is being sincere and who is trying to take advantage?


Let me shift my focus to the women before the men reading this accuse me of being unfair. I am not judging any particular sex, I am writing this out of sheer curiosity, something I haven't been able to figure out myself. Women are good at getting what they want, we have the power of persuasion and many a great decision have been made not by the men but by the women at their side. We get what we want with our feminine sexuality and are excused when men say 'leave her, after all she's a woman'. This may sound chauvinistic in a sense but who is complaining when we are excused because we are termed as the weaker sex? Weaker or not you are allowed to have your way most of the time. Who is really weak in the end?


I do not want to gloat or flaunt the power our sexuality affords us to ye men folk. I simply wonder who tells more lies. Men say things like ' No, you do not look fat in that dress' . No I am not out drinking and watching footie with my friends'. Yes, you are still as skinny as when we first started dating'. These are lies that are induced by the need for self preservation. So lies like this can be excused right? These are lies we try to convince ourselves are told not to inflict injury on the ego or on the person's self esteem. But in the end, a lie is a still a lie. 


Women on the other hand would tell lies like 'Yes, you are a champion in bed (even when the sex sucks)'. 'Yes, your beer tummy is sexy'. 'No, the hair on your head isn't starting to thin'. Both sexes also lie about being in love.


In summary, it is never okay to lie and people just assume a lie would be much easier to deal with than the truth; therefore a lie should be told instead. Whatever the case and as much as we all know lying is a sin we are human and we make mistakes. 


Nevertheless this is not about the moral justification or condemnation of telling a lie, and it is not a battle of the sexes. This is an inquiry or a question I am putting out there. So my good people, in all fairness and sincerity, who tells more lies, Men or Women?

7 comments:

  1. Women are better liars sha

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are your reasons for saying that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol,i think women tell more lies than men

    ReplyDelete
  4. Men lie, women lie. As humans it's something we're all inclined to do, but if it really comes down to a gender thing, I'd say men lie more (My unbias opinion).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Women lie, men lie, men lie about power, women lie about dick. Do the math, which comes up more in discussions power or dick?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your comments. Pls keep 'em coming.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Women are decietful creatures, u think they lie less cos they never get caught

    ReplyDelete