Sunday 17 February 2013

MORE THAN A FRIEND








Meeting you was a good thing that happened,
My friendship skills you helped me sharpen,
You stood out from all your peers,
Full of life and love you were and still are.
You were wanted by all and sundry,
If you had offered, they would have done your laundry,
Your outspoken nature won you lots of fan,
Including me, your ways I started to learn.
If only you would listen more to your friends,
And take a pause from the message your heart sends,
If only you'll learn to learn more,
You'll save yourself lots of heart sores.
You deserve the best, I always knew that,
But to get it, with some of your ways you have to part,
Like throwing away life's realities,
And thinking all that matters is your affinity.
Take your time and be religious with it,
Study yourself well and discover the rhythm of your
beats,
So when you feel the heat and realize you've found it,
You'll flow and synchronise together with ease.
We've fought and argued but I still care,
Even sometimes when you think my mission isn't clear,
I've only got one thing to tell your big ears,
I'll always be a friend and to me you'll forever be dear.....


by Elegbede Olajide
ff @unveiledmagzine

No comments:

Post a Comment